All Creatures Building

(360) 377-3801 · 4241 State Hwy 3W Bremerton WA 98312

Doctors are on Staff:  7 days a week 8:00am-10:00pm &  Holidays 9:30 am-8:30 pm

Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day

  After hours staff is present for monitoring hospitalized patients,

answering urgent questions and scheduling appointments

E-Mail: AllCreatures24hr.com


Stop the Scratching!

Tips for having flea free pets

By: Janet Beagley, DVM

 Fleas are a common problem for our furry friends. You may have an itchy, miserable pet that has scratched all the hair of its rear end, little rice grain segments found in your pets poop (these may be tapeworms, which often result from you pet ingesting fleas), or simply little brown specs noted in your pets fur. Fleas are treatable and preventable, but they still present many challenges.  These challenges vary depending on your pet’s environment, how many animals live in your house, and whether wildlife or stay animals have access to your yard.

The Great Horned Owl

 
 
 
 
This beautiful (we believe female) owl  was found in early April by good samaritans in Thurston County.   She was on the ground with eye and wing injuries of unknown origin, most likely hit by a car.  She was treated at Raindancer Wild Bird Rescue in Olympia and transferred to the West Sound Wildlife Shelter in late April where she fell into the capable hands of Dr. Alicia Bye. 
 
Dr. Bye knew she would need her wounds treated surgically, so she referred the owl to us here at the All Creatures Animal Hospital. Over the years Dr. Little has been incredibly generous in allowing the expertise of our staff and hospital resources to treat many injured and sick wildlife patients.
 

Truffles or Toxicity?

By Irene Choi, DVM                                                                  

January 3, 2013

 
Here in the Puget Sound Region there are plenty of forests with thick layers of built-up decaying debris and in our climate of almost constant moisture in the spring and fall mushrooms can proliferate.  Some mushrooms are a delicacy such as Truffles and Chanterelles and many people seek them out in the woods, however others can be poisonous.  These poisonous mushrooms can appear in your yard growing below piles of leaves or under bushes where you won’t see them readily.  There are many types of mushrooms and they can cause different types of symptoms that can start appearing within 30 minutes of ingestion up to 3-4 hours after ingestion.  The most severe mushroom toxicity can cause liver, kidney, and heart disease and lead to death.  Less severe mushroom poisonings can cause neurological symptoms such as seizures, tremors, hallucinations.  Many toxic mushrooms can cause hypersalivation (drooling), miosis (pinpoint pupils), bradycardia (decreased heart rates), lacrimation (excessive tearing), vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and respiratory distress. 
 

Plants poisonous to Cats

kitten in bambooBelow is a list of plants that are considered toxic to cats.   Unfortunately it is impossible to name all of the plants so if you have questions please seek veterinary care as soon as possible. 

 

 

Search

Available 24/7

In addition to our daily operating hours our facility offers urgent services from 9pm until 10pm daily.

 

On Sundays and holidays we provide urgent care services from 10am until 8pm.

 

After hours on-site technical staff members are available to answer urgent questions and schedule appointments.

 

Technical staff will be present 24 hours per day for urgent care monitoring.

 

Read more